On Wednesday, Apr 29, 20 people gathered at Anne's Plainfield Country Convenience Store to officially open the Upper Valley's newest Electric Vehicle Charging Station.
The charging station was made possible by the success of the Solarize Cornish-Plainfield initiative last summer. The program exceeded our goals to
prove solar electric generation can be effective even in a rural setting
double the amount of residential solar energy in our communities
spark lasting growth in the region’s solar energy market beyond
and to show our commitment to clean energy and sustainability. Between Cornish and Plainfield, 33 new Photo Voltaic Solar Systems were installed during this program, which amounts to 180kW of renewable energy being produced each year.
Before the ribbon cutting, recognition was given to
• Sarah Simonds from Vital Communities for her guidance and organization during the Solarize program
• Craig Bell from Solar Source for his attention, diligence and follow-through of the solar systems site visits, proposals and installation, and for his company's donation of $1000 which was used to purchase materials for the charging station
• Anne Yates, owner of Anne's Plainfield Country Convenience Store, for allowing us to install the station at her store and providing this public service free of charge
• Bill Cable and Joanna Sharf for the volunteer time and effort spent installing the charger
• The Plainfield and Cornish Energy Committees for their ongoing community work
• All the households that participated in Solarize Cornish-Plainfield
The Electric Vehicle Charging Station is conveniently located at Anne's Plainfield Country Convenience Store, at 1190 Rt 12A, Plainfield, halfway between Claremont and West Lebanon. It is a 30-Amp, 240 volt level 2 charger and is compatible with all plug-in electric vehicles (SAE J1772 vehicle plug). Anne's Country Store is offering the charging service free of charge to all EV owners.